Monday, February 2, 2009

A Case (Against) Naps

So Saturday night around midnight, I got a text asking me what I was doing.

Naturally, since midterms are this week, I was doing absolutely nothing.

After a little while, I agreed to meet up with some friends. I got in around 2:30am.

Fast forward to today (Sunday). About 5pm, I decide to close my eyes. I woke up at 9:45p - and only then because I heard a text come through on my phone. WHOOPS!

And now, it is 2:52am (Monday) and I am not the least bit tired. Luckily class starts at tomorrow at noon and I am seriously hoping some form of exhaustion sets in soon otherwise I stand a real chance of passing out right there in front of everyone.

The only good thing to come out of it is that I've used the extra time to do a little work on one of my midterms Tuesday morning. My teacher gave us the questions we'll have (2 essays) and suggested we outline the content that we want to include. I'm not allowed to bring in anything but she said memorize the outline and that will help out. Tuesday I also have another Spanish test - I need to get on that, I'm quite behind.

And then Thursday, my Interactive Media project is due and that one is just tying me up in knots. The project is a big pain in the butt, really only because I don't 100% understand it. So I'm hoping to schedule some 1-on-1 time with the teacher and make sure that what I've put together is on the right track.

So that's my news. It's 3am and I am awake. And not the least bit tired. Grooooovy.

Update: 4am - still awake. WIDE awake. Just fired off the outline for essay question #1 to Mass Comm. teacher. Still making use of this time. Fun, fun.

Update: 5am - still awake. Not so much WIDE but still enough to know that if I lay down now, I'd stare at the ceiling for awhile. Got the 2nd essay question all worked out. I'm really comfy with this question, so no need to email her on this one. I also emailed my Interactive Media teacher and requested that meeting (see? still making use of my 'awake' time!) so I'll wait until a decent hour to check for a response from him.

I can hear cars starting up and traffic on the roads (light but there). When I do eventually get to bed, I better be able to sleep!

No comments: