Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thrift Store Saturday

My love of thrift stores has not changed since coming to Denver. In fact, almost my entire apartment has been furnished with Thrift store finds. My favorite one, ARC, is about 5 minutes away and every Saturday they have a 50% off sale of everything in the store - less one color.

In the beginning, I made it a habit to go every week because I could always find something I needed and ARC never let me down. Even though the apartment is 98.5% completed, I still find myself there every Saturday, looking for that other 1.5%.

There's the picture I still need for over my T.V. and in between the two bookshelves...


This should work nicely, don't you think?


And the cat condo to keep my cats from using the couch ...


Of course...if one cat decides to be King, he does risk the chance of being overthrown.


Then there's the book ends my 'big books' need to hold them up...


These seem to be doing the job quite nicely.


And, speaking of books, of course I am always looking to expand my book collection...


These are a nice start.

Now, do you see why I love this place?

Not included in today's post but also purchased: A pair of jeans for Robby, a picture for Berns' kitchen, a basket for under my coffee table, and the perfect creame shaggy bathmat. Total spent? $30.00.

No comments: