Thursday, October 8, 2009

November

My November is shaping up to be THE BEST MONTH. Ever.

Let me tell you what I have planned (Jessica Lee, if you're reading this, you might want to cover your eyes and turn away. No? OK, I warned you): Italy, Spain, and the Alps.

What?, you say. Did you find some rich Austrian to buy you things? (Erm, no, no rich Austrian)

Then, how?

One word, or rather, website. www.RyanAir.com.

RyanAir.com is THE cheap place to book airline tickets here in Europe. How cheap you might ask? Well, let's take a look.

I knew I wanted to go to Barcelona (Spain) but the normal airline costs (around 300Euro) made me feel a little nauseous. Then I found RyanAir. RyanAir cost? 26Euro. ROUND TRIP (that's about $40US). Yah. I booked it. I'm not stupid.

After I booked that, I was happy. After all Barcelona was (other than Auschwitz) really the only place I *had* to go so I told myself that I didn't need to go anywhere else.

But I still kept my eye out. You know, just in case.

Last night my 'just-in-case' theory paid off. I realized I hadn't gone onto RyanAir for awhile so I was like, I should check it out. And I did. And I found this: Vienna ----> Bologna (Italy) 12Euro ROUND TRIP. That's less than $20US. Uh-huh. I'm booking it. My friend, Kaitlin, is there after all. I misses her mucho (Kaitlin is also coming to visit me -- yay! -- the week after I get back from Barcelona. We're going to go horseback riding. I can't wait).

And then, for Thanksgiving, my gift to myself: a 3-day all-inclusive ski trip through the school. So far, that's my most expensive trip - it'll end up costing over $200US. But I don't care. It's worth it.

(November 5-7 - Gonna par-tay. Italian style)
(November 12-14 - I'm getting my Espanol on)
(November ::sometime between:: the 16-20 - a visit from Kaitlin)
(November 27-29 - Skiing in the Alps)

You may now drool and call me names. But just a few. And not too much drool, k?

(and JL, I told you to look away)

No comments: