Friday, October 23, 2009

Midterms

So tomorrow, we kick off our midterm week here in Wien.

Yes, tomorrow. As in Saturday. Why they scheduled a midterm on a Saturday I do not know.

Tomorrows midterm is German and we just did a "pre-test". It was enough to stress me out. The teacher put us in groups (yes, groups :::shudder:::) to go through the 3-page review packet. I'm sure I came off as an absolute witch because, for the entire 1 1/2 hours, I think I said a total of 10 words.

Why? Because I spent most of the time tuning them out. Not so that I could be a Class A, uh, witch but because I'm already confused trying to remember how all this stuff works (I hated verb tenses in Spanish and I hate them in German as well). I didn't need 4 other voices in my head, trying to remember as well.

So I basically ignored them the entire time and tried to concentrate and remember what we've been going over for the last two months.


Yes. This was me.

Maybe that makes me a bad person. If so, sorry! But the last thing I want is to sit at my desk tomorrow, look down, and blank. I work better alone. It's just the way I operate.

No comments: