Sunday, August 30, 2009

Seeing Vienna

So I think my school is pretty cool.

The organizers are friendly and helpful. Full of advice and how-to's.

And they really want you to get a full experience of Vienna.

There's tons of little extras that we, as students, get to enjoy at next-to-no cost.

Yesterday I got to experience once of those extras.

We went on a 3hr bus tour of Vienna, complete with a tour guide (hey Mrs. O!) who happens to be one of the History teachers for the school.

At first we toured what many consider to be Vienna, we saw the Opera house, and the museums (didn't go in - we just saw them). Then went and visited a summer palace. She pointed out different statues and relayed their meanings. We also went up, up into the Vienna woods and drove along side the Danube River.

I found it very enjoyable. I could have done an entire day tour and not minded at all. I got to see lots of places where I want to go back and tour a bit more - this time with my tripod so I can actually prove I've been there LOL.

But here are some of my shots from yesterday, including the one and only self portrait I have (somewhere, Jessica Lee is so disappointed in me).

We started @ Belvedere, a summer guest palace.

Getting my panorama on.

Me and the palace (the one and only self portrait I have)

Then up through the Vienna woods and then out again and when we emerged, this was our view.

An altar. Vienna is extremely Catholic so they have these amazing altars.

A really cool building designed by a man who said everything didn't have to be so cut and dry

No comments: