Tuesday, August 18, 2009

On My Way...

So, if you're reading this and it is approximately 3:00pm (PST) or after on August 18th, then the automatic posting for Blogger worked (yay!).

At this very moment, I am sitting (or should be, at least) on the plane that is going to take me high, high into the skies for about 10 hours. There are 2 legs of my flight: The first is from Los Angeles to Frankfurt, Germany. Then, the second, Frankfurt to Vienna, Austria.

After I touch down, I will (if the airline hasn't lost my luggage...) take my bags and hop on the train for a 30min or so ride to the Westbahnhof station. My hotel is in walking distance of this station and I hope to be all checked in and settled by 5pm - 5:30pm latest (I know I am going to be exhausted).

I'm not 100% (or even 50%) sure how I am going to spend my evening but hopefully, I can recharge with just a catnap and then spend some time walking around my new home for the next 4 1/2 mos.

Thursday (the 20th) is a big, big day for me. This is the day that I meet with the rest of the IES Vienna students and we get whisked away into the mountains for our Orientation. There is a 99% chance I will not have any internet access well into next week, so do not panic. We're used to this blog being silent, right?

Alrightie people. Wish me luck!

Let the adventure begin!

No comments: