Thursday, March 26, 2009

'Twas a Cold and Blustery Day...

So I got a phone call at 6am. It was dark and all I heard was this buzzing and I grabbed my phone and mumbled, " 'Lo?"

In my ear was the DU automated recording telling me that due to expected snowfall today, school was canceled. Super I thought, thanked the machine and hung up. Then I proceeded to toss and turn and I just had, had, had to get up and see this snow.

So I did. And there was nothing - on the ground or falling from the sky.

Still, I was awake. At 6am. So I got up, made breakfast, dabbled with nothing and eventually, fell back asleep. I woke up again at 9am and - WOOHOO - snow was falling! And it continued to fall.

At one point, it was so insane, I just had to go outside and take a video. I had never seen anything like it before. Then I turned on the news and -wowza - we're under a blizzard warning.

Absolutely insane.

And that's my news for today. We're on blizzard watch (I think we can stop watching - it's definitely here), school was canceled, and I spent the day in my PJ's scrapbooking and watching really cool stuff like this...

No comments: