Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The 1st District of Vienna

When I left my class at 10:30 this morning, I had every intention of going back to my apartment and diving into my lovely bed – something my god-awful early morning class had taken me away from.

Alas, Vienna had other ideas.

I knew Vienna could be tempting but I was quite dedicated to the task at hand until she upped the ante with a cool, sweater required day that welcomed me like a long-lost friend (oh, how I do love my cold days).

And just like that, I succumbed to her wiles and breathlessly walked about the first district - camera in hand. Just like any proper tourist. Because I am, after all, a tourist.



I walked on streets that had been previously roamed by Roman soldiers.



Admired monuments erected by Kings of Old



Stopped at bare-bottomed fountains


And was ogled by a woman the color of mold.

And when my body begged for reprieve, I gave it. With the warning that tomorrow’s forecast calls for the same thing.

No comments: